Welcome, my name is Gopinath. I am an embedded software engineer from India, currently working at e-con system India Pvt Ltd. I love to write software to make great products in the embedded technology. I have been working professionally in software development since 2012 in the electronics and embedded domain with experience across the Linux, Android, Windows Embedded and RTOS platforms. Please vist About Me page for more information.
Porting custom audio codec in Linux BSP
For ALSA based drivers
Life Lessons From A Baby
Detecting HDMI Port ID from EDID data
Encoding a raw YUV video file into H.264/MP4 file using ffmpeg
Competition - Is it healthy?
Competition is very old by nature. It has been here on earth since thousands years ago. What is competition? Wikipedia definition goes like this :Competition is a contest between organisms, animals, individuals, groups, etc., for territory, a niche, or a location of resources, for resources and goods, for prestige, recognition,awards, or group or social status, for leadership.But is it really healthy for us? This article shows my thoughts on this question.
Optimist's version of Murphy's law
Have you ever faced this kind of experience at-least once in your life ?
- If you change queues,the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now.
- If you drop any objects,it will roll to the most difficult corner to reach by you.
- As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, you will be called for meeting until the coffee is cold.
- The probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you are with someone you don’t want to be seen with
- When you try to demonstrate a device/machine to someone, it suddenly stops working until he/she leaves that place.
If yes,then you are not alone! But why this is happening? Scientists claiming that there is a law,responsible for these things. You might have heard about the term “Murphy’s Law” from movies like Interstellar or from internet or somewhere else. Simply, Murphy’s law is epigram and it can be stated as, “Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong”. At first glance,this law seems to be pessimists version and encouraging pessimism. When you apply this law for some serious cases, you might even feel depressed. But this is law and it cannot be changed. After a while I came across this thought.